I came across this site just today! Congratulations guys on giving injured Australian workers such support, and above all, a voice.
A Diary of a WorkCover Victim- kick-started by “Workcovervictim”- has been designed and developed by a bunch of seriously injured workcover victims (and their families) who have-unfortunately- been dealing with workcover for too many years…
Aims of this blog:
- To provide information, education and referral advice for injured workcover victims. Knowledge is our only defense!
- To facilitate sharing of experiences of injured workcover victims
- To expose the workcover insurer frauds, scams and dirty tactics
- To exchange and share useful tips and tricks with fellow workcover victims
- To offer a place where injured workcover victims (and TAC victims) are welcome, loved, respected, understood and where they can find a sense of belonging; a place where they can speak their minds, seek and offer support and where they can hopefully find a little comfort, a bit of a laugh, a dose of courage and some strength to continue their endless battles for their lawful entitlements, so often wrongfully denied
- To advocate improved rights and benefits for injured workcover victims.
- To offer a bit of a “venting” place for those injured workers, who – like me – are sick and tired and frustrated with the whole, unfair, hair-raising, mind-numbing, rotten workcover system
Read more (better still, contribute or help someone contribute their story)…
Read about Erin Brokovich’s visit to A WorkCover Victim
- Do you feel you could have been back at work if you had better treatment?
- Are you astounded at some of the treatment and find it hard to believe this is an Australian system?
- Feel traumatised after some appointments or phone calls?
- Do you feel the WorkCover system makes it difficult rather than be helpful to recover and return to work?
- Are you ignored, still waiting for your case manager’s reply from weeks ago (and wondering if they’re even still there)?
- Are you lacking appropriate care and help?
- Are you part of the WorkCover system and receive letters that state your payments or medical and like expenses are going to be terminated when you still can’t work and have a valid capacity report?
- Have you had to attend Conciliation when you felt it was unnecessary?
- Have you been told you have a ‘psychological condition’?
- Have you heard many other poor and unnecessary comments that have aggravated you?
- Do you feel the system actually makes your chances of recovery harder?
- Do you find other ‘independent’ Government bodies associated with the system inconsistent and provide you with conflicting information?
- Do you feel defeated, even looked down upon at times?
It’s probably the only ‘urge’ I’ll make on this site but in order to better our WorkCover system so we more effectively get injured workers better and back to work we have to speak up. The Hon Gordon Rich-Phillips has a direct email form on his profile page.
You are welcome to post here and start a conversation but please stay calm, keep it clean, I will not approve inappropriate comments!