Did you all hear I’m back at work part time? Much thanks to our flexible home/office setup and Theo’s immense help. Regardless, how lucky am I hey? But oops, hang on, I have to correct myself. It’s not lucky for me, it’s lucky for the WorkSafe Agent. And I must clarify because from their point of view I didn’t get myself back to work, it had nothing to do with my research, the practitioners I found, their treatment and great therapies (or my hip pocket!). Nope, nothing to do with nerve blocks and medication, but rather, my high activity levels. Yeeees, I have been a full time artist and I’ve been caught red-handed!!!
Excited as I was to finally be seen as ‘fit for modified duties’, I was looking forward to receiving the WorkSafe Agent’s promised ‘dispatch’ mail. I expected to see copies of my new job description, Doctor’s capacity report and a letter explaining I would no longer be entitled to weekly benefits. What also came though, was a ruthless bundle of papers including video and photographic surveillance from February this year, that although amounted to a bunch of thin air, somehow became the reason I was ‘fit for modified duties’. I knew where this was going… Continue Reading
- Do you feel you could have been back at work if you had better treatment?
- Are you astounded at some of the treatment and find it hard to believe this is an Australian system?
- Feel traumatised after some appointments or phone calls?
- Do you feel the WorkCover system makes it difficult rather than be helpful to recover and return to work?
- Are you ignored, still waiting for your case manager’s reply from weeks ago (and wondering if they’re even still there)?
- Are you lacking appropriate care and help?
- Are you part of the WorkCover system and receive letters that state your payments or medical and like expenses are going to be terminated when you still can’t work and have a valid capacity report?
- Have you had to attend Conciliation when you felt it was unnecessary?
- Have you been told you have a ‘psychological condition’?
- Have you heard many other poor and unnecessary comments that have aggravated you?
- Do you feel the system actually makes your chances of recovery harder?
- Do you find other ‘independent’ Government bodies associated with the system inconsistent and provide you with conflicting information?
- Do you feel defeated, even looked down upon at times?
It’s probably the only ‘urge’ I’ll make on this site but in order to better our WorkCover system so we more effectively get injured workers better and back to work we have to speak up. The Hon Gordon Rich-Phillips has a direct email form on his profile page.
You are welcome to post here and start a conversation but please stay calm, keep it clean, I will not approve inappropriate comments!